Tuesday, 10 February 2015

School's over, now what?

Assalamualaikum dear readers! Peace be upon you! :D

Hi hi hi to you who are reading this!!! 2 months since the new year and finally you updated your blog huh Fatin? :P Went to my blog initially and was scrolling through the 'Shoutouts' when I saw Hana commented to update my blog! Naaawww.. SHOUTOUT TO HANA for being my avid reader of my blog!!! I appreciate it gurl! Hehehe. Honestly thought no one would be interested to read this space actually. Haha!

Almost 2 months past and a lot of things have been happening in my life. Chey. x))) So if you read through my Twitter or take a look at my Instagram feed, I have been talking about my last day of school which was officially on last Friday, 6th February! My graduation ceremony will be on a Friday, 22nd May! Just realized that it's all on Friday eh. But that's great cos it's my favourite day ever! Hehehe. 

Anyway, now that school is over, I am pretty sad about it. I mean, I can't believe I made this far.. from secondary school dreaming of going to the school that I wanted which is Ngee Ann Polytechnic, and to knowing that I couldn't make it (initially) since I was posted to ITE and then this, finally went to my dream school and actually graduating from this school and the course I have been dreaming about since forever. I have always known that since young I would want to be a teacher in the future. Since I was a kid, I always laid down all my teddy bears and dolls in front of me and then I would stand in front of them and teach, basically ABCs and 123s. 

Now that I am much closer to becoming a teacher, I still feel sad that I am leaving school.. really really officially leaving school. Honestly though, I would want to pursue my Degree but at the moment, I can't cos I need to support my parents first. I don't know if I will ever pursue my Degree though cos it costs a lot and I am not sure if I can afford it. Well, lately school has been a pretty challenging and a roller-coaster one. All those annoying and upset moments and of course all those happy and sweet moments in Poly... Haaiihhh. As much as I can't wait to graduate, I'm just not ready to leave school. I'm already missing my close friends in school, my classmates, my coursemates, the thought of going for lectures and tutorials, the lecturers, the school's food, the whole Poly atmosphere, the rushing of datelines, the number of presentations, the suspense of getting my assignments' grades, the people at my attachment centre, the children... everything. Sigh. Now that everything is over, I am reflecting back on almost every single thing of my Poly life and thought to myself "Man, I missed everything about it." But then again, I know I have to move on. This phase of my life is over. Such bittersweet memories. It's okay. On to the next phase/chapter of my life! 

Next phase/chapter of my life is of course... the working world. Since I know that I will not be pursuing my studies, the next option for me is to work and to support myself and my parents. Just today, I went on a job hunt basically retail positions. Some did not accept me since I am wearing my hijab, even though the place is where I would love to work at. Some accepted me but the pay is low and I will not receive my pay within one month because of the processing of stuff and all that. I guess I will reject that since I don't think it is worth it. Since then, when I reached home, I somehow had a calling of applying a job in the early childhood field. I mean, before this, I always doubt myself on whether I am qualified and confident enough to be a teacher and actually teach. So I thought I would want to work in the retail sector first before I actually come to the early childhood field and be a full-fledged teacher. So yup, I somehow did have a calling just now to just join the early childhood field and work as an assistant teacher first, since I am waiting for my Poly graduation ceremony and all that. After much thought and some "signs", I decided to send my resume via email to 3 or 4 childcare centres with a position of an assistant teacher. I honestly don't know if I will get an offer though but I am just hoping and praying that I will get a reply from at least one of them. If I don't, I need to find other jobs. I mean, I really need to get a job. If all else fails, I don't mind getting any job as long as I can at least contribute my pay for my parents and family and even for myself and, at least use my time wisely and be someone useful.

Given tests by Him and I always always tell myself that He loves me and that is the reason why He is testing me. Everything happens for a reason, everything happens for a reason. I just need to believe in myself and have faith. Yup! All the best to me!!! Pray for me okay! :')

Everything is going to be alright, with His willing.

The two things you need to know in life: 
1) Allah is in control. 
2) Allah is with you. 

// 

Insya'Allah, Ameen.

p.s // If you want to ask me any questions (or don't want also JUST ASK PLEASE SHOW ME SOME LOVE hahaha), please feel free to ask me on my Ask.fm page, (click here -->) http://ask.fm/FTNxoxo! I will definitely answer it! Don't worry, of course you can be anonymous. Hehe. Or if not questions, drop me some comments or what. I said please? Hehehe. Much love!

With love, hugs & kisses,
Fatin Farhanah 

No comments:

Post a Comment