Saturday, 27 October 2012

Selenge-ness overload!

Assalamualaikum (Peace be upon you) dear readers!

Selenge-ness (pronounced as sir-ler-nge) or also known as silly-ness happened to me and lil bro this morning. Woke up at 7am, showered and got ready. Just the night before, ironed my clothes, shawl and packed my sling bag. This morning, I was all hyped up and ready to go to work. Earpiece plugged in, socks and shoes worn... Looked at the mirror for the last time and off I went outside the house. Took out my keys and locked the door. Then.......

I decided to check my phone. I decided to check my Notes in my phone, where I typed in important dates and things to take note of. AND TADAAAAA! The date for my working day was typed in as 3RD NOVEMBER SATURDAY and not today, 27th October! HAHAHA! FELT LIKE A TOTAL LOSER DOWN THERE! ULTIMATE FACE PALM, I tell you. x)))

My working day is actually next week! If you guys have been on my Twitter, you would know every single thing that happened. Hahaha! Actually, I applied a part-time job at the new Toa Payoh's SAFRA, at Kidz Amaze to be exact. Kidz Amaze is this big indoor playground! Saw it once at Ang Mo Kio Hub. Seems fun, you know!

Anyway, I will be working on every Saturday, if there are no changes. If not, Sunday. Basically, my job is to observe the children while they are playing, encourage them to play, interact with them, assist in the counter tasks, assist in any birthday party and ensure that the place is safe and clean. The best part is that, I get to wear my hijab while working! Plus plus point! Alhamdulillah. :)

The attire for my work is black polo tee and jeans. So yup. I was all ready to go to work just now, only to find out that I am working next week instead and not today! I literally laughed out loud just now, you know. Hahaha! I even sat on the sofa for quite some time, trying to process what just happened. I feel so selenge, I swear. Things like this just happens to me, you know. Hahaha! I'm the chosen one, I guess. x)))

In the end, I slept. Initially, I woke lil bro up. I asked him if he wanted to go to BP Plaza for KFC or McD breakfast but he told me that he will be having his religious class later on at 12pm. I told him about my selenge-ness issue to him too and he laughed and said, "Nonsense." 

I even thought of watching Sinister alone for the 10.20am show but I was too scared to watch it alone, even though my friends said that the movie was not that scary. Creepy actually. BUT STILL!

So, I ended up switching on the radio and tuning in to 98.7FM while having my hot Lipton tea with Jacob's weetameal biscuits. Read the newspaper too. After everything was done, I was like, "You know what. I shall continue sleeping." So I did.

When I was asleep, lil bro woke me up. He told me that there was no religious class cos it's a holiday since yesterday was Hari Raya Haji. I really laughed at him, you know! Hahahaha! Like, in your face! Laughed at me just now right about my selenge-ness issue. x))) 

But his case was a bit different. Cos why? Cos he was already at the venue itself!!! I was only outside the house, you know. Have yet to reach the lift even! He was already outside the classroom itself!! HAHAHA! He told me that he felt weird cos he did not see anyone there. He said that by that time there would be a lot of people, queueing up, leaving the classroom and such. He then decided to check his religious class's schedule paper. And he was like, "Whaaatttt. Today no school laaaa!" And straightly went back home. HAHAHA!

I thought I was the only selenge one in the family. But nope. Lil bro and I are in the same boat I guess. :') Really had a good laugh just now with our selenge-ness mode. Haish. x)))

I even told him this, "See lah. Disturb and laugh me some more right. Now, in your face ah!" Hahaha! :P

That sums up my interesting morning everybody. Hehe. Might be going out later to "reward" ourselves for our selenge-ness mode just now. Hahaha! Planning to go to Arab Street since I wanna window shop slash shop for shawls! Heeees. When was the last time man! ;) 

Lil bro wanna go to Iluma too since he wanna check out the Lady Gaga perfume at Sephora. He bought one for himself already so I don't see the point of him checking it out again actually. -.-" He's now in love with Sephora cos of the Lady Gaga perfume, for your information. Tsk.

Weeeellllll, a memorable morning indeed. 

"SO SELENGE FOR WHAAATTT FATIN!!!"

With love, hugs & kisses,
Fatin Farhanah 

No comments:

Post a Comment